Searching the records of Hassett’s has so far revealed that James and Martha Hassett had eight children born between June 1887 and August 1906 – four boys, four girls. Their oldest child, Hilda Mildred Hassett born in 1885, has already been detailed.
James and Martha’s second child was Bertha Geraldine Hassett, born on 28th June 1887:
Her baptism record reveals:
- Birth date: 28th June 1887
- Baptism date: 11th August 1887
- Baptism location: Christ Church, Byculla
- Name: Bertha Geraldine Hassett
- Parents: James and Martha Hassett
- Parents abode: Bellasis Road, Byculla
- Fathers occupation: Fitter
- Priest performing ceremony: H.E.Scott. Chaplain.
Bertha’s baptism record confirms her date of birth and parents names James and Martha Hassett and father’s occupation as a fitter. Interestingly her parent’s abode is listed as Bellasis Road, Byculla, which adds detail to the family map (to be updated soon). Byculla – a neighbourhood in Bombay – was a common place of residence for many of the ancestors found so far.
This is the only record found for Bertha Geraldine Hassett so far, the search continues.
James and Martha Hassett’s children, so far, with birth date:
Hilda Mildred: 24th December 1885
Bertha Geraldine: 28th June 1887
Interact with the Anglo-Indian Project:
Facebook: Anglo Indian Project
Instagram: Anglo Indian Project
YouTube: Anglo Indian Project