This post is part of the Anglo-Indian Project Christmas series 2016.
Why study our ancestors? (to name but a few)
- The joy of discovering something new about those who lived before us
- Such as 7 generations of unknown family in the UK, India and Portugal
- Discovering more about yourself and your family
- A trip to Bombay (Mumbai), India revealed lots of new insight
- Preserving family stories and heritage for generations to come
- Such as child care in 1940s Bombay
- Bringing the names of ancestors back to life
- Creating a legacy
What key points would you add?
The AIP started with a few names and a hope of finding a few more, inspired by Nana, the late Elaine Cynthia Hassett. To date the AIP has identified over 50 new ancestors and counting, a few are pictured below.
Interact with the Anglo-Indian Project